Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November 12, 2008

To Mi Fabilouso Familia!
I am shocked another week has come and gone, where does time go?!? Everything has been wonderful and the Sisters I live with and I have so much fun enjoying this journey together! 4 of us came out at the same time and so we feel like we are in Utah all over again!:) We love coming home and telling the stories of the day that edify each one of us! We also get the giggles too:) On Monday night Sister Dantes and I shared a story that made me cry tears of joy!
Here is the background,
We are currently teaching many people who are from Haiti (Sister Dantes is too) and can speak English but not as well as there native language, Creole. Sister Dantes is very humble about being fluent in Creole and she does not like to use it very often. With one man she speaks that to him all the time because he can barely understand me. His name is Guillom and brightens my day whenever we get to teach him! I will never forget our first lesson with him because he and Sister Dantes were speaking Creole to one another and 99.9% of the time I had no idea what was being said. What I do know is that as I sat and smiled while nodding my head the spirit was so strong and besides praying for my companion there was one point when I thought to myself, "If I am meant to be on my mission to sit, smile, nod my head yes and teach slow and simple so Sister Dontes can translate for me... I will do it anytime, anyday to feel the spirit as strong as I did!" I may not have understood a lot but what I did understand is that thru the power of the Holy Ghost Heavenly Father manifested the truth to me although it was a completely different language:) That evening Guillom excepted the date to be baptized December 6th and we are so excited for him. More importantly our Heavenly Father is!
The story,
We stopped by Monday at Guillom's to see how he is doing and how is prayer's have been going. He shared with us a dream and the only word I understood was, Mango! Sister Dantes then translated, "he had a dream last night and in the dream a man was throwing stones at a mango tree!!" We had never shared the quote that I love so much and it was not talked about at church on Sunday but we shared it with him that moment and he was so excited to hear the comparison! I was so excited! He feels like happiness in his life is all falling into place and he knows it was an answer to his prayers. He is now preparing to be baptized November 29th! Yay! I am so blessed everyday and continue to love every moment of the wonderful journey! I hope you are all having a fabulous day! I love you!
XOXO!
Love always,
Sister Miller

No comments: