Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4, 2009

To My Fabulous Family and Friends!
I hope all is well in Minnesota, Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Texas, etc. etc.! This week has been amazing and it is so neat to see the different things that happen every moment. This last week I have been reflecting upon a tracting experience Sister Roberts and I had almost 2 weeks ago now and how I was touched that evening in a negative way more than I ever will be in my life. We were on our way home from a Stake Chinese New Years party and had so much fun with people who are learning more about the church, missionaries, and members from church. Before we had to go in for the evening we had about a 1/2 hour left and wanted to tract to find a family. To give a background of tracting apartment buildings, we buzz every number and tract that way first and then if someone lets us up we just knock doors. (The real way to tract;) Well the first door we buzzed that Saturday evening we got in on the first one and the guy was not interested but we still had hope for everyone else who lived there:) So we knocked, knocked, knocked, and knocked and did not get have much success. I was determined and knew someone was going to accept. To my surprise, it was the complete opposite! This lady answered the door yelling, swearing, threatening, etc. and telling us we needed to leave. We have a certificate from the Prophet that we carry with us in case there are such cases like this and we can just show them to the police so we are not fined for "selling religion." We were happy to leave to respect her but then as I was walking away I got so sad and cried the entire way home. I felt like a baby but I could not hide it. I was sad because I was thinking how she was able to prevent someone else hearing this glad message who may have accepted. This night I felt like Satan won and then I felt so unchristlike because I thought to myself, "she does not even deserve this message." The beautiful thing is is that she does and it is for all of Heavenly Fathers children. No matter what. I am grateful for the moments that I have been able to feel of my Saviors love and testify of him to everyone we see and for those who want it. It makes every second worth it! Even the ones when I cry all the way home;) I love you all so much and thank you all for being such loving family and friends, you too make every second worth it.
Love you always, Sister Miller

No comments: