Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28, 2009

My Dearest Friends and Family!Hello! I hope you are all having a wonderful and all is well! I miss and love you and I am so happy I can e-mail you the latest update as my companion and I have seen endless amounts of blessings pouring down upon us! We have had a couple of "blizzards" as Mom would say but it really is just a beautiful snow fall!:) To sum up the last couple of weeks I must say it has been, blizzards of blessings!About 3 weeks ago now, Sister Roberts and I were searching to find at least one more person to teach and from the bottom of our area to the top, it seemed that no one was interested. Yet we knew somebody was, it was just a matter of where?!? We were searching, hoping, and praying to be and answer to someone's prayer but in reality a lady named Tina was an answer to our's:) On Sunday January 11th, a guy we know from church brought his friend Tina and we had heard much about her in the past. It just never ended up working that we could set up an appointment due to schedule conflicts during those 4 weeks prior to us meeting her but we knew one day we would. When she came to church and Will said, "Sisters! This is Tina!" We were as reverently excited as we could be and we set up an appointment to see her later that evening! We knew someone was out there and my heart was just filled with joy! What a blessing! We later went to teach her and the spirit I felt at that appointment reminded me the truthfulness of this gospel as we shared with her the story of Joseph Smith! I know that this is the the only true church on the Earth and I am grateful to be a part of it! On Monday January 12th, we recieved the phone call from the Elder's telling us if we were getting transfered or not. I was so nervous! I did not want to leave the area I have been in my entire mission and had no idea what was going to happen! When the phone call came, Elder Lee told Sister Robert's and I with all seriousness, "Sister Miller you will be packing your bags and Sister Robert's you are staying. After we hung up, for a second I felt good about it and then as I sat on the couch and started thinking about Maritza, Malaika, Charloette, Michael, Guillaume, Tina, and everyone else I have met tears started to role down my face. As I was saying to the Sisters " who is going to help Guillaume tie his hood?" the phone rang. It was the Elder's calling back and we immediatly put it on speaker phone. Elder Lee was prompt to say, "just kidding! you are both staying! and my tears were wiped away! Needless, to say I did not neither of us got transfered and all is well! Last Wednesday January 21st, Sister Roberts and I went on splits with 2 ladies in our Ward and Zaneta and I did a look up of a lady I taught when I first came on my mission. Her name is Michelle and she was so happy to see us! It had been like 4 months since we had stopped by last and we set up an actual appointment to come and see her again. Sister Roberts and I went the next day and as we were talking to her she was expressing to us the reason she was so excited to see us is because she was praying that week and asking Heavenly Father to lead her to what is right! With that being said, we are currently teaching her as well along with Tina and Malaika and of course we are still searching for more:) I am so grateful for this Church in my life to lead and guide me. I know with all of my heart that this gospel is true and within it is that 'One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism' as the Bible tells is in Ephesians 4:5. We can all come to receive Blizzards Of Blessings as we search, ponder, and pray for truth in our lives. I love you all so much!Love you always,Sister Miller

No comments: