Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November 11, 2009

"Just Right!"

To My Family and Friends!

So get this!! Transfer calls came on Monday night and guess what happened?!?! Sister Johanson and I were totally right and we get to be together another 5 weeks!! We were sure that was President's purpose anyways but what a blessing it is for us. I got a letter from mom this week and she mentioned how happy she was that I am with Sister Johanson and there is no better way to end my mission. Isn't that the truth!! Like always, each day we are searching high and low to find that one person and we know someone needs the joy from the gospel and we are not going to give up. We are working harder now than ever before. Sister Johanson contacted someone on Monday and we were sure that this girl was going to be that 1 person we have been looking for. She was so sweet. Well the next day came around and we got to the church just in time for our appointment! We contacted on the street since she was not there and we were waiting and waiting and waiting and then we decided to call her to make sure she did not get lost or anything. We call the number and it was false!!! Story of our lives!! We went back out and had a blast talking to people. As you can imagine, the reactions we get from people are entertaining and sometimes sad! Yesterday I contacted this guy from Minnesota and I asked him what book he was reading. He told me "The Great Gatsby" so I asked what grade he was in....thinking he was in high school?!? He quickly replied and told me he is getting his Masters and no he was not interested in The Book Of Mormon, he was Athiest (as he got up and walked off the train)!! Silly me!! This morning was special for me because Debbie and Sister Raguseo came down from Connecticut and we got to have lunch together, walk around Rockelfeller Plaza, and see the Veteran's Day Parade. Debbie is doing well but still not baptized or anything. She goes to church and different activites at church and still feels a great peace there. I wonder why!;) She told me today she really does have a testimony of Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon, etc. and it just touched my heart. One day she will act on that testimony and feel the blessings that come from baptism and I look forward to that day. I love you all lots and miss you bunches...the Elder's just came in to e-mail their families so it is time to run! Until next time....XOXO!
Love you always,
Sister Miller

No comments: