Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 17, 2008

To my beautiful family!!
Kirsten, Jack, and Sam! Thank you so much for the adorable pictures and cards! I love them so much and they brighten my day when I get to see them above my desk!
I am bummed my e-mail did not get to you last week but so excited to fill you in this week! I totally typed this super long e-mail and hit send but somewhere in the process something went wrong and the e-mail was gone! So here I go with the amazing things that have happened these past couple of weeks! Sister Dantes and I had a baptism December 6th for these adorable siblings (Charloette and Michael) and as usual, it was perfect! The mother was inactive for a while and as she had been away from the Church for about 11 years she often thought about her children and how they need to have the Gospel in their lives now and forever. I actually had been teaching them from the day I arrived in New York and have had many exciting experiences from the very beginning! To teach humble, meek, adorable children at such a young age is so wonderful and I have come to love them almost as much as my nieces and nephews!:) The thing that stands out to me the most about Charloette and Michael is that they were very unsure and hesitant to be baptized for some time but as they learned more, prayed, and came to Church each week they knew the Gospel of Jesus Christ was what they wanted to be a part of! They previously had 2 baptismal dates that had fallen through but there is nothing better to know they did it when they were as sure as they could be that this is what Heavenly Father wants for them! ...and all of his children of course! Sister Dantes and I witnessed miracles every moment of the 6 weeks we were together but for the time being I have a new companion!! As we got our transfer calls last Monday night (about 10 days ago) our District Leader informed Sister Dantes she was leaving and the 4 other Sisters and I were guessing who could be coming in?!? It is a fun game! Shortly after, we received a phone call from President Searle and he asked me if I would train the new sister who will be arrriving! (It was no one we were guessing!;)) Every moment has been such a blast and I learn so much from Sister Roberts! The funny thing is is that we are complete opposites and Sister Johanson, Diray and I laugh at it almost every moment! It is a good thing because she has taught me how to change the oil of a car since she was a Diesel Mechanic before her mission! Just picture it, a Diesel Mechanic and Me:) We are currently teaching a lady named Malaika and her little boy Ajan and she will be getting baptized January 10th! It is so amazing to see the things in my setting apart blessing come to pass even more as I have been serving and I love it so much! In the blessing President Alder blessed me to find those who are single mom's and to help them by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not only was this with Maritza but now it is also with Malaika and I know I am here to do what Heavenly Father has planned for me all along!! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father for sending his son to Atone for each one of us, so that we can return to live with him. I am grateful Christ's original Church is back on the Earth today and I, as a daughter of God, I get to be a part of it! Just when I thought this mission could not get any better, it does! I love every moment and love you all!
Love always,
Sister Miller
P.S. I am unsure if we will be e-mailing next week since we call home on Christmas but until then...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: