Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 3, 2008

To my amazing family!
Thank you so much for the e-mails, cards, and packages! It totally made my birthday magnificent and I am so grateful to have you all who care so much!:)
So picture this, almost 2 weeks ago( Friday) Sister Dantes and I were RUNNING to catch the bus as we were REALLY late for our appointment with Guillaume! We totally missed the first stop it was at and RAN down to the next one about 2 blocks up to try and catch it again. As we are running I yell ahead to Sister Dantes ,"KEEP RUNNING! HURRY! YOUR ALMOST THERE!" as am I trailing behind her laughing out loud thinking about what people are thinking about us. Sure enough, Sister Dantes saves the bus by catching up to it and as I am still running I felt a sense of relief, "we will get there a little faster now" but of course Satan (I like to think) or as some others may think, a crack in the cement:) stopped me as I TRIPPED and SLID on the ground! I totally thought I was hurt and Sister Dantes didn't really notice since she was already getting on the bus but this man did and she looks back at me and notices this man picking me up of the ground!! I totally laugh out loud just thinking about it and what people must have thought. Even though I was super sore on my right knee and elbow ( I tore thru my winter coat, long sleeve shirt, and skin on my elbow!) I was able to get back up and not let Satan stop the work for the rest of the evening:) I share this story because as Guillaume was baptized and confirmed this last Saturday and Sunday, I think about how hard Satan worked on him inparticular but just like me he got right back up! (Actually, he did not even fall!) The day before his baptism he had J-Dubs at his door and he use to meet with them years ago but had not seen them forever, his niece told him this church is of Satan, and his friend told him he should reconsider his thought of being baptized. Satan works SO hard (or cracks in the cement) but the best thing is, is that Heavenly Father is more powerful and this glad message will only continue to testify truth to all of God's children because this is where daily and Eternal happiness lies:) Guillaume was confirmed this last Sunday and it totally made my birthday all it could be AND more. I love this Gospel! Time to run, not literally;) Love always, Sister Miller

No comments: