Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27, 2009

To My Wonderful Family And Friends!!
Hi! I hope you are having a great week! I wish I had time to e-mail you last week because so many amazing things happened and then there was the not -so- good but my oh my I just love this mission! When we came to the library last week it was only open for 5 more minutes and so hence the reason there was no e-mail! Ok so get this! Our little Debbie..the "permanent seeker" who has found the truth! Well it came to the day of her baptismal interview and she was unsure if she could committ to paying 1/10 of her income for tithing but she must committ in order to be baptized. Sister Sturm and I went over to her home Saturday afternoon and had the biggest prayer in our heart that we could teach this lesson once again and hope that she would committ. Lets just say, our lesson began with Debbie telling us over and over that "it was just not possible to financially pay 1/10" and then ended with the sweet spirit filled in each one of us and testifying to Debbie the importance of paying the 1/10 and the blessing it is to do so. I have never been so touched and come to be converted myself of the importance of tithing! It was so amazing! Well Saturday night Debbie had her interview for her baptism and it went great! Sister Sturm and I were soooo happy for her and to witness all of these things that have happened over the last 5 weeks come even more true! Her baptism was planned for this last Saturday May 24th and we were sure it was happening but sadly enough Debbie ended up deciding that she is not ready at this point and wants to study and learn more. The day she told Sister Sturm and I this we felt like we just got dumped! Our hearts hurt...they still do:) The best part is is that she is still going to keep coming to church, go to activities with members, and we will meet with her once in a while but we just know that she knows! We want her to act now to enjoy all of the blessings that are entitled as she follows Christ's footsteps but it is just not at this time! She has had SO many different whispers testify to her what she needs to do and we just remind her to call upon those nights and to continue to do what she is already doing! Well time to run but I love you all so much and miss you bunches! I look forward to next week to tell you what happened at tranfers today!!! Until next time....XOXO!

No comments: