Friday, August 21, 2009

August 5, 2009

To My Bestest Family and Friends!

I hope you are having a wonderful day and enjoying the hot summer days! This summer seems to be a little cooler to me compared to last and I am so grateful for it! JI have looked forward to e-mailing all morning because of the incredible experiences Sister Roberts and I have had! It is apparent how excited I get because I get ahead of myself with the detail of the lessons we have with our investigators;) For example…Gifton! Ok so this week we had 2 different lessons with him and he is just sooo humble! He is what I want to be! With the first lesson and the story in the Book Of Mormon about Alma comparing the word unto a seed …we were following up to see if he was able to read it and shared every little thing that we hope anyone would after they read that chapter! It was wonderful! He totally related himself to the scriptures and had the whole chapter highlighted! He marks his scriptures more than anyone else we have ever taught! And with the second lesson we were teaching the Plan Of Salvation and he was reading Alma 34:32 for us and there was a pause for a second as he kept reading beyond that particular verse. In verse 33 it talks about not procrastinating the day of our repentance and once again he likened the scriptures unto himself and told us that his life is a time to prepare to meet god and he was just telling a friend this morning he needs to stop procrastinating. It is perfect to say the least! He has not been able to come to church yet because of work but he committed to come this week! It will only get better and better for him as he feels of the truth of this gospel when he comes to church! Yay! We also had a special lesson with Jack at a member’s house and we were talking a lot about recognizing the spirit. At one point Jack was asking Josh and Colleen how they can feel the spirit of God in their lives and this BIG thunder came at that exact moment. Jack quietly said, is that the spirit?! We were laughing so hard and it was a cute comment but we reminded him it is a small and simple feeling, thought, etc! It was a special lesson because we could tell that this was the lesson that really captivated Jack. It made his desire to know what truth is even stronger. Jack has not come to church the last 2 weeks and we have another appointment with him tonight so hopefully the desire from that night has not decreased! We have also been blessed with the chance to teach these 2 brothers, Joey and George who are 12 and 10, and their mother Maggie is a part of the church but has not been on over 10 years. It is such a blessing and Heavenly Father blesses us continually each second! I know that this gospel is where the truth is and that Heavenly Father has a hand in all things! I am so blessed to know what I know, to feel what I feel, and to do what I get to do…spread this truth to all who seek it! In 2 weeks is transfer time and I am always get so nervous about it. I love it here so much! Sister Roberts is sure I am leaving this place but I am just not so sure! The only English Sisters area I have not been is the Bronx…only time will tell!J Well it is time to run some errands but I love you all so much! And miss you too! Until next week….XOXO!
Love you always,
Sister Tamari Miller

No comments: