Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25, 2009

To My Adorable Family and Friends!
Hello!I hope you are having such a good day!I am so glad that the weather is warming up and spring is here...I love it! Once again, everything has been great this week and I am just so happy:) On Monday we had a District Meeting (where a small group of missionaries get together and learn different things from each other) and our District Leader asked if we are happy and what we are happy about. I felt like Grandma Swim because I had SO many things I wanted to say!:) The times I feel tired, sad, etc. are always a small moment in time because of the things that happen as a missionary that makes my heart smile!
On that note, something that has made me smile all week is our recent convert Shantel and reflecting upon her baptism and confirmation that took place Saturday and Sunday, her testimony, and how spiritual she is. She has been raised in the Harlem her whole life and her brother tells us, "you teach Shantel about God and I will teach you some gangster!" We laugh so hard! Shantel truly is so amazing and not only does her brother make us laugh but she does also! A couple days before her baptism we taught her friend Kristine and as I had finished the first vision and the spirit was SO strong Shantel says in a sweet and happy voice, "thats sexy!" Who would have thought that Jesus Christ and God the Father appearing to Joseph Smith was sexy? ...Only our little Shanteli!:) When she came up out of the water she said, "wow! That was beautiful! Well you all can stay there while Travis and I go for a swim!" and then last but not least she sang a gorgeous musical number about Jesus and towards the end she hit this really high note and said "you didn't think I could do that, did you?!?!" I could go on and on but I am grateful for Shanteli and her example to me! She has made me laugh, smile, and cry from the beginning and I am never going to give up finding people who want Jesus as much as she does in her life! I am so excited for Dave's baptism this weekend and look forward to telling you about that next week! Until then, I miss you all! XOXO!
Love always,
Sister Miller

No comments: