Friday, October 10, 2008

July 2, 2008

Hello to the best family on Earth! How are you?! Everything is absolutely amazing here and there is nothing I would want to be doing at this time!! I LOVE it here. Everyday I am learning something new and this week has been spiritually perfect! On Friday the 27th President Uchtdorf came to the New York New York North Mission to speak to us while he was on vacation with his wife and 2 grandkids. Can you believe it? He spoke about he and his wife's conversion story and the blessings they have received throughout their lives. The spirit he brought into the chapel is something I have never felt before and when I shook his hand and felt of his love, I could not help but think of the day I am reunited with my Heavenly Father and I get to shake his hand and be in his presence for eternity. The spirit I feel within me now is nothing compared to that day. How blessed are we to have the restored gospel in our lives and know of the truth? I love it. Saturday was my first baptism and I must say I did not have any part in teaching this lady but to be a part of this fabulous time in her life and to witness her be baptized into the only true church testified to me that that is why I am here. To invite others to come unto Christ and be baptized in his name. On Sunday I had a blast at Church and the wards we cover are great and so unique! We cover a family ward and singles ward and in my singles ward I have a friend from Idaho! His name is Adam Benton and it is so funny to talk to him because we just talk about home and somehow tie it in with missionary work!:) There are so many single successful men, I am amazed! Last night Sister Buhler and I were teaching a guy named Brian and I invited him to be baptized for July 19th and he is still waitng to get an answer but I will be sure to let you know the progress. He is so interested in our Saviors church and expresses much happiness within his soul as he reads the Book of Mormon so I know he will receive the anwer he is supposed to. If not it is just not his time:) We are going all around Manhattan for our P-day so time to go!! I love you all so much and hope all is well!!
Love always,
Sisiter Miller

No comments: