Friday, October 10, 2008

September 10, 2008

To the most wonderful family ever,
Can you believe it? My mission is almost too perfect and I love it so much! This last weekend the mission had 26 baptisms total and it has tied the mission history of baptizing in one week! For the month we have had a goal of each companionship baptizing which would be 80 baptisms all together and the number of dates we have are 93! Can you imagine this happening all over the World? Before we know it we will take over the Earth!! :) The church is so true and what a blessing it is to share this message with those who hunger for it. I love this Gospel!
Lisa's baptism was Saturday and it went so good! She was so excited and as you can imagine the spirit filled the room. I must say I felt the spirit leave the room for a moment when I got up to bare my testimony and as a I walking up a little boy in our Ward Rueben was running across the front and I totally TRIPPED THE TODDLER! I felt so bad and he looked at me like I was crazy. Thankfully, I am close with his parents and I did not get sent home:) It was in front of my Ward and seriously I felt so bad the rest of the day but I talked to his parents at church the following morning again and they reassured me he is fine and now he knows not to run in church...so sad! Lisa bore her testimony at her baptism and at Fast and Testimony meeeting Sunday! She was an answer to many of our investigators prayers as she told them her story and she has never felt better in her life than to stand before everyone and know that this is the only true church. How amazing. As I reflect upon the miracles we have I continually think "Because I Have Been Given Much I too must give" and there is no greater gift I have ever received in my life than this gospel. We are teaching a lady named Maritsa and her niece and nephew who live with her. Her nephew is gay and we are trying our best to help him recognize the Saviors love for him and he can overcome this. We have also been teaching a guy named Chris for the last 3 months who is on Probation and he recently decided he wants to get baptized as soon as possible. Because of the probation we are going to take the steps to see if it can take place before he is off of probation. The process might take long but it is something for him to work towards and by writing a letter to the first Presidency will help him strengthen his testimony even more.
I am hesitant to think I could get transfered next Wednesday and no longer be able to teach these amazing people. As hard as that is, people are still waiting for this message everywhere we walk. I am excited to find out and let you know! I wish I had time to write more....so much to tell, so little time! I love you all so much and thank you for all you do for me each day. I am SO blessed!
Love always,
Sister Miller
Single Sister Miller
Sister Hot Tamalie

No comments: