Friday, October 10, 2008

October 1, 2008

To the best family on earth,
Everything has been absolutely wonderful! This week I had a really neat experience on the train and it truly helped me realize that no matter what someone is doing they can still be contacted to hear this amazing plan Heavenly Father has for his children!! Sister Buhler and I were on the train and I happened to be sitting next to this guy who was listening to his I- POD. The spirit prompted me to write him a note and before I knew it I pulled out a piece of paper and the first thing I said to him is: Who are you listening to? He replied: (Some rappers name) Have you ever heard of him?
Me: No I have not. Have you ever heard of the Mormon Taberbnacle Choir?!
He said: I have heard of them but never listened. Do you have a CD? (As unprepared as I felt) I replied...I am sorry I do not but we would love to have you at church some time. ( I pulled out a card a pointed where he should go and the time it starts) *This is still all passing notes and no talking:)* He replied: Thank you so much. We share very similar beliefs and I promise I will come to church. You will truly be blessed for what you did for me tonight. I replied: Perfect and thank you so much. He was standing up to get off at his stop and took his head phones off and introduced himself, "I'm Antwoin" and gave me a CD album he has out with a group.
It was simple, silent, and sweet but the spirit was so strong. I don't know if he will ever go to church or even get baptized but I do know that I followed the promptings of the Spirit and I was able to nourish a seed that seems to have already been planted. I know as we follow the promptings of the spirit we will continually be blessed and Heavenly Father is guiding us to a more straight and narrow path to pure joy and Eternal life.
I love you all so much and all you do for me, thank you so much! I hope all is well!
Love always,
Sister Miller

No comments: