Friday, October 10, 2008

September 3, 2008

To the best family on Earth,
I can not believe all the amazing things that continually happen each day! I truly stand all amazed at the wonderful blessing this mission has been in my life and I just love it.
Although there is much rejection there is much acceptance also. People truly have a desire to know of this truthfulness. Brian did not come to Church again this week and we are sad for him but one day he will have that desire in his heart to follow Christ's example and enter the waters of baptism. There is nothing more important for him to do it when he has the desire in his heart so he can continually receive the blessings of this gospel. Someone we are teaching who truly has a desire is Lisa. She is wonderful! She just moved to New York to go to school at Columbia and she came from Gautamala. When she was there she met with the missionaries for about a year and was taking the lessons but never received an answer to her prayers if Joseph Smtih really did see God and Jesus Christ and if he was called to be a prophet and restore this gospel. She went to Washington where she is originally from before coming to New York and locked herself in her bedroom and prayed. She got her answer like she never has before as she felt peace in her heart and so much joy as she was praying. She went online gave her info on the church website and the referral was sent to us through text. We have been meeting with her the last 3 weeks and going over everything and she will be baptized this Saturday! I will be sure to send pictures:) And for those who choose not to listen... I am grateful to be able to plant a seed or water one that has already been planted. I love you all and thank you for all you do for me!
Love always,
Sister Miller
P.S. Did anyone take family pictures this summer?! If so, I would love to see them. Will you please mail them to me so I can put in on my desk:)

No comments: